What data do we already have at campus-level?
Utilizing and building on existing campus data are a good way to efficiently design your evaluation/assessment plan. Here is a list of existing data points that are currently available.
- Undergraduate Student Experience Survey: campus aggregate results
- Survey of New Students: campus aggregate results
- Career Destination Survey: aggregate results by college & schools
- CalAnswers data (Contact email@example.com, if you have any questions about the data below).
- Student demographics and outcomes: major headcount, registered student census, degree awarded, graduation rate, retention data, time to degree
- Student curriculum: enrollment census, course enrollment history, course offerings.
- Student financials: fees and payments, financial aid & affordability
- Student applicants: freshman & transfer applications and admissions, statement of intent (SIRs) to register (freshman and transfer), final applications, admits, SIRs.
- Dashboard: departmental curriculum profile, curriculum long-term planning, weekly enrollment management, course grade distribution, students & courses, teaching activity, departmental teaching workload
Graduate Division provides a data report annually to departments/schools/colleges. Contact Andrew Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)), if you have any questions.
- Academic Program Review Survey
- Ph.D. Exit Questionnaire
- Graduate financial support
Both undergraduate and graduate student population
- Campus Climate Survey: http://campusclimate.ucop.edu/_common/files/pdf-climate/ucb-full-report.pdf(link is external)
Faculty, staff, and research data
- employee census
- faculty workload, sponsored research and faculty and staff FTE
- PI portfolio