The mission of the Center for Teaching and Learning is to enrich, promote, and support teaching and learning effectiveness in the areas of pedagogy, curriculum, and assessment.
In pursuing this mission, we...
- Work with senate and non-senate faculty, departments, and co-curricular units to advance best practices in all aspects of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Share knowledge of evidence-based, student-centered, and outcomes-guided pedagogy.
- Help improve the quality of education; provide expertise and build collective knowledge in teaching and learning; and leverage resources and opportunities for faculty enrichment.
- Promote iterative experimentation and transformation across curriculum to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Support a diversity of teaching styles that recognize the diversity of learning styles, respond to the differences in learning styles, and create an inclusive learning environment.
- Bring together and build dialogues and mutually beneficial partnership and cross-functional teams.
- Recognize and value teaching excellence; make high quality pedagogy visible; and reward faculty for their contributions to teaching and learning.
The Center for Teaching and Learning works closely with the board of special faculty advisors, affiliated partners, and academic partners.