2017 DP Fellows and Trailblazers
First row: John Wallace, Crystal Chang, Chen-Hui Tsai, Dan Acland, Mika Moy, Rachael Phillips*
Second Row: Paige Plander*, Armando Fox, Giuliana Perco, Alex Beliaev, Max Fang*
Not pictured: Karenjot Bhangoo Randhawa, Rick Rasmussen, Vesna Rodic, KimFreeman, Laura C. Nelson
* Digital Pedagogy Trailblazer
Become a Digital Pedagogy Fellow
Not going to be on campus? No problem.
The program is a facilitated, online asynchronous learning experience consisting of daily activities that can be covered at your own pace within the one-week session. You do not have to be on campus to participate and there are will be no scheduled meetings until you have completed the session. Approximately 2-3 hours of your time will be spent each day developing a course plan that uses technology to enhance information delivery, learner engagement, and/or assessment based on selected readings, short lecturettes, engaging with colleagues, and reflecting on the topics individually. Total time commitment is 12-18 hours.
As a result of participation in this program you will be able to build a course plan that reflects:
- The guiding learning theories of your teaching practice
- The use of digital pedagogy to optimize cognition with particular emphasis on the areas of attention, memory, thinking and motivation.
- The design of an effective digital learning experience using a design methodology as well as available resources and expertise.
- Consideration of content accessibility and affordability.
- And contains:
- Measurable learning outcomes
- Assessment items aligned to the learning outcomes
- Core concepts content
- Activities that provide practice before assessment
- Resources to support topics and activities
- Appropriate technology tools
The major topics are:
- Learning in the 21st Century
- Designing a Digital Learning Experience
- Determining Instructional Strategy
Selecting the Appropriate Learning Environment and Technology Tools
Contact Andy Peterson, Senior Consultant, Center for Teaching and Learning, email@example.com.
The program can be tailored to you! If you would like a separate program specifically designed to meet the needs of your school or department, let us know.