Refresh Your Course!
Become a Digital Pedagogy Fellow
Not going to be on campus? No problem.
The program is a facilitated, self-paced, online asynchronous digital learning experience consisting of units that can be covered at your own pace within a 3-7 day period of time. Approximately 4 hours of your time will be spent each day developing a course plan that uses technology to enhance information delivery, learner engagement, and/or assessment based on selected readings, short lecturettes, engaging with colleagues, and reflecting on the topics individually. Total time commitment is 14-24 hours.
As a result of participation in this program you will be able to build a course plan that reflects:
- The guiding learning theories of your teaching practice
- The use of digital pedagogy to optimize cognition with particular emphasis on the areas of attention, memory, thinking and motivation.
- The design of an effective digital learning experience using a design methodology as well as the resources and expertise available to assist you at UC, Berkeley.
- Consideration of content accessibility and affordability.
- And contains:
- Measurable learning outcomes
- Assessment items aligned to the learning outcomes
- Core concepts content
- Activities that provide practice before assessment
- Resources to support topics and activities
- Appropriate technology tool
The major topics are:
Learning in the 21st Century
Designing a Digital Learning Experience
Determining Instructional Strategy
Selecting the Appropriate Learning Environment and Technology Tools
Contact Rita-Marie Conrad, Digital Pedagogy Consultant, Center for Teaching and Learning, email@example.com.
The program can be tailored to you! If you would like a separate program specifically designed to meet the needs of your school or department, let us know.