Choose your path. Make your mark.
The Center for Teaching and Learning partners with faculty to inspire, enrich, and innovate Berkeley’s collective practice and pursuit of teaching excellence.
In pursuing this mission, we provide pedagogical and assessment expertise from course to curriculum by...
- Working with senate and non-senate faculty, departments, and co-curricular units to advance best practices in all aspects of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Sharing knowledge of evidence-based, student-centered, and outcomes-guided pedagogy.
- Helping improve the quality of education; providing expertise and build collective knowledge in teaching and learning; and leveraging resources and opportunities for faculty enrichment.
- Promoting iterative experimentation and transformation across curriculum to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Supporting a diversity of teaching styles that recognize the diversity of learning styles, responding to the differences in learning styles, and creating an inclusive learning environment.
- Bringing together and building dialogues and mutually beneficial partnerships and cross-functional teams.
- Recognizing and valuing teaching excellence; making high quality pedagogy visible; and rewarding faculty for their contributions to teaching and learning.
The Center for Teaching and Learning works closely with a board of special faculty advisors, affiliated partners, and academic partners. As of August 1, 2017, CTL aligned with Educational Technology Services (ETS), Research IT, and Digital Learning Services under the leadership of Jenn Stringer, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Teaching and Learning, and Chief Academic Technology Officer. Read more