Become a CTL Digital Pedagogy Fellow
Not going to be on campus? No problem.
The program is a facilitated, online asynchronous learning experience consisting of daily activities that can be covered at your own pace within the one-week session. You do not have to be on campus to participate and there are will be no scheduled meetings until you have completed the session. Approximately 2-3 hours of your time will be spent each day developing a course plan that uses technology to enhance information delivery, learner engagement, and/or assessment based on selected readings, short lecturettes, engaging with colleagues, and reflecting on the topics individually. Total time commitment is 12-18 hours.
As a result of participation in this program you will be able to build a course plan that reflects:
- The guiding learning theories of your teaching practice
- The use of digital pedagogy to optimize cognition with particular emphasis on the areas of attention, memory, thinking and motivation.
- The design of an effective digital learning experience using a design methodology as well as available resources and expertise.
- Consideration of content accessibility and affordability.
- And contains:
- Measurable learning outcomes
- Assessment items aligned to the learning outcomes
- Core concepts content
- Activities that provide practice before assessment
- Resources to support topics and activities
- Appropriate technology tools
The major topics are:
- Learning in the 21st Century
- Designing a Digital Learning Experience
- Determining Instructional Strategy
Selecting the Appropriate Learning Environment and Technology Tools
Contact Andy Peterson, Senior Consultant, Center for Teaching and Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org
The program can be tailored to you! If you would like a separate program specifically designed to meet the needs of your school or department, let us know.
2019 DP Fellows and Trailblazers
Left to right: Patricia Steenland, Glenna Anton, Helena Weiss-Duman, Ray Hawkins, John Levine, Michelle Meyer, Nick Swanson-Hysell, Victoria Lam, Aaron Scherf*, Anibel Ferus-Comelo, Marlon Maus, Lihua Zhang
Not pictured: Asavari Devadiga, Vesna Rodic, Aida Corpuz, Kara Bensley, Jenny Murphy, Lisa Ann Wymore, Jon Metzler, Denicia Carlay, Mark Sherstinsky, Bilal Bagis, Rose Carmen Goldberg, Florian Hofer*
* Digital Pedagogy Trailblazer