Teach-Net is a moderated email forum for exchanging information, advice, tips, and general talk concerning teaching at Berkeley. Subscription is restricted to Berkeley faculty and staff.
What can I talk about on Teach-Net?
Anything you wish that is related to teaching, especially at Berkeley. Perhaps you have a question about some aspect of teaching. Perhaps you have a particular problem and you would like to hear from colleagues who have had similar problems. Perhaps you have a tip you would like to share, or an article about teaching you think your Berkeley colleagues would find interesting. These are just some of the uses to which you might put this email forum.
How do I subscribe? How do I unsubscribe?
How do I use Teach-Net?
If you are subscribed and have a question, a comment, or a tip, simply send it via email to:
All subscribers will receive a copy of your message after it is approved by the list moderator. Be careful when using the REPLY function to reply to teach-net mail, since this will generally send your reply back to the entire mailing list. If you think the information would be useful to the members at large, however, then do respond to the list. If you want to talk to just one subscriber, you should direct your message to that individual's email address only.
*Tip: Be specific with your subject line when you post. This will make it easier for others to find it in the archives if the subject line clearly indicates the type of advice you have, and/or the problem that it solves.
Who moderates Teach-Net?
The teach-net mailing list is administered by the Center for Teaching and Learning and moderated by the following instructors:
- Michael Ball, Lecturer, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
- Kate O'Neill, Professor, Environmental Science, Policy, and Management (ESPM)
- Margi Wald, Continuing Lecturer, College Writing Programs
Once I join, can I search through archived discussions?
Yes, you can review all past discussions and use the search box if you are looking for something in particular.
Can I adjust the settings to control how many posts I get?
- Sign in to Google Groups, click “My groups” and select the Teach-net group
- In the upper right corner, click “My settings” (the person and gear icon)
- In the drop-down menu select “Membership and email settings”
- Click “Email delivery preference” to adjust the setting.